Membership – Join The Orchard Park Jaycees!
Becoming a Member of the Jaycees is a step in the right direction if you’re looking to branch out, meet new people, find new challenges and make new connections locally, nationally and internationally. Once you join as a member of a local chapter, you are automatically a member of the New York State Jaycees, US Jaycees and Junior Chamber International (JCI).
Anyone between the ages of 18 and 41 can become a member of the Orchard Park Jaycees as an active member with voting privileges. If you are not within the age requirements, you can be an associate member which allows you the opportunity to participate in all our projects and events. As an Associate Member, you cannot vote or hold office in a contested election. Annual membership is only $60 – but you can earn your membership dues by participating in our Quaker Arts Festival by working 8 hours over the course of the weekend.
Benefits of Membership
Leadership development through community involvement has been the basis of the Jaycees since its inception in 1920. The goal of the not-for-profit organization is to provide members a means to reach their full potential through networking and personal growth opportunities, and is ideal for proactive young people ages 18 to 40. Members enhance a variety of skills as they work together to plan and run civic and individual development activities in their home communities and chapters, such as:
- Developing a business plan for maximum success and impact for each event
- Learning to successfully manage volunteers
- Communicating effectively, public speaking and debating as a team
- Discovering the needs of the community and managing resources to meet them
- Organizing efforts to make the most of dollars raised and hours volunteered
All members have unique talents to offer. We provide them an outlet to share those talents in programs and projects that benefit other members, as well as the community at large. Your involvement with the Jaycees will provide you opportunities to meet people, impact your community, and apply skills to enhance your career.
It is often said that it’s who you know that matters – and Jaycees are people who are connected.
This organization has been known to not only produce successful business owners and other prominent leaders, but it has also brought together many friends and families. Statewide conferences are held where members take advantage of various training seminars, round table discussions, and socials to network with people from across the state. The true value of the program is in sharing with others the experience of participating.
Few organizations touch as many lives, in as many ways, as the Jaycees. Chapters:
- Develop civic leaders
- Provide assistance with national and international disaster relief.
- Support a not-for-profit cancer organization, camps for individuals with developmental disabilities, collection drives for troops serving our country and other diverse programs.
- Are involved in their communities running festivals, raising funds for many causes, as well as directly helping individuals in need.
Whether interested in being a chapter officer or simply working on a project committee, members have the chance to develop skills ranging from planning, budgeting, marketing, personnel management and more. There are endless training opportunities through speakers and formal training programs. Members decide their chapter‘s programming.
Some advantages of becoming a Jaycee:
- Help make your community a better place to live
- Learn state-of-the-art leadership skills
- Expand your horizons locally, nationally and globally
- Enhance your career opportunities by making new connections
- Build your entrepreneurial skills and business network
- Support local government and service initiatives
- Get “connected” in your community with key local area contacts
- Check out these additional benefits your membership entitles you to.
Become a Member
If you aren’t convinced yet, please contact us with any questions or concerns. Better yet, come out to one of our projects and see if the Jaycees are right for you. If you’re ready to take the first step, click here to fill out a membership application